- Requires complete refurbishment
- Detached 1920’s residence
- Superb opportunity to transform into an enviable family home
- Established plot approaching 1 acre (0.88 acres).
- Southerly facing rear garden of approx 122’ in depth
- Adjacent secret garden & woodland
- Pillared entrance & sweeping drive for 6/7 cars
- Attached double width garage
- Central Hall with staircase
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- 3 Reception rooms
- Laundry room
- SELF CONTAINED ATTACHED ANNEXE (which could easily become an integral part of the house)
- 4 generous double bedrooms
- Dressing room and en-suite bathroom
- As with many local villages, the current local plan includes areas of proposed development. For further details please visit the North Herts District Council website.
This impressive Detached 1920’s residence requires complete refurbishment and offers a superb opportunity to transform into an enviable family home with an established plot approaching 1 acre (0.88 acres).
It is clear that the formal Southerly facing rear garden of approximately 122’ in depth was once a beautifully designed area that, with imagination and care could become glorious once again. An adjacent and sizeable secret garden with its own access, boasts established borders, shaped lawns and specimen trees. The house is approached via a pillared entrance which in turn leads to a sweeping driveway with parking for around 6/7 cars and an attached double width garage.
The accommodation is approached via an open Vestibule and comprises: Central Hall with staircase, cloakroom, dining room, dual aspect drawing room with fireplace and patio doors to the garden, dual aspect kitchen/breakfast room, inner lobby with walk in larder and access to the laundry room and family room. There is an ATTACHED ANNEXE (which could easily become an integral part of the house) with private front door and hallway, a bed/sitting room, kitchen and bathroom. The first floor has a wide landing with access to 4 generous double bedrooms – the master of which boasts a dressing room and en-suite bathroom. There is a further family bathroom and separate WC. Energy Rating: D
We believe that subject to obtaining all the necessary planning consents, the 0.88-acre plot has huge potential for re-development - with a further 0.38 plot potentially available by separate negotiation. Should a developer look to purchase the land for re-development, then an overage agreement would be applied – the period of which, trigger events and payment calculations will be discussed at the point of negotiation.
As with many local villages, the current local plan includes areas of proposed development. For further details please visit the North Herts District Council website.