Putterills On Facebook Putterills On Twitter instagram
For Sale

Mayflower Close, Codicote

Offers in excess of £225,000

Enquire

Photos

Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote
Images for Mayflower Close, Codicote

Property Details

  • 2
  • 1
  • 1

Property Ref: 62851


This modern red brick 2 bedroom link terraced property has far reaching views over open countryside and has been stylishly refurbished by the current owner. Tucked away in a village cul-de-sac within a short distance of the High Street & shops, the property provides: entrance porch, contemporary fitted kitchen, dual aspect lounge/dining room with open views, one double and one single bedroom, and a modern bathroom. Outside there is an attractive, low maintenance garden with patio and field views. There is a small front garden and 2 allocated parking spaces.

We understand from the current owner that planning permission has been granted for a two storey extension to the rear of the property (Valid until 24 April 2019). Plans available for inspection - please enquire if further interested in these 01438 817007.

THIS HOUSE IS A PART OWNERSHIP PROPERTY - you will be buying 70% of the property and renting the remaining 30% (currently £89 per month). There is option to go on to buy some or all of the remaining property from Settle - Housing Association, over time or in one purchase. Shared ownership properties provide an excellent and more affordable opportunity for first time buyers.

Situated in a desirable turning close to the centre of the thriving & historic village of Codicote which provides conveniences for daily needs and includes a butcher, chemist, cafe, post office, newsagent, excellent general village store, fine selection of friendly pubs and eateries, outstanding Church of England primary school with state secondary education provided by schools in the nearby towns. There is the pretty church of St Giles, selection of Sports & Recreation clubs including: Codicote Tennis Club with three floodlit hard courts, 2 football pitches, badminton club, playgroups, local historical society & numerous other activities within the village details of which can be found at www.codicoteparish.net

Enquire

Proximity

All distances and journey times are approximate: Knebworth 3.6 miles - Stansted airport circa 29 miles - London Heathrow Airport 39 miles - Luton Airport circa 9 miles - Welwyn Garden City 4.9 miles - Hitchin 8 miles
The house is approximately 200 yards from country walks to Kimpton and Whitwell , half a mile from country walks to Old Knebworth and a couple of minutes away from countryside walks to Ayot St Lawrence. It is approximately 7 miles from the lovely old market town of Hitchin and approximately 0.3 mile from Codicote shops and Indian restaurant.

The accommodation is arranged as follows:

Front door with external side light opening to:

Entrance Porch (1.80m x 0.66m)

A useful addition to the house, the entrance porch provides space for coats and shoes, there is a fitted coir door mat, meter cupboard, integrated ceiling spotlights and an opening to:

Lounge Diner (4.67m NT 2.64m x 4.17m NT 1.88m)

A bright "L" shaped space with a window to the front and French doors to the rear garden, with far reaching views to farmland beyond. Tastefully decorated by the current owner in neutral tones, with grey-wash wood effect flooring, two ceiling lights, staircase to the first floor, useful under-stairs storage cupboard, "Dimplex" electric storage heater, space for table and chairs and opening to:

Kitchen (2.13m x 1.91m)

Refitted with a range of gloss fronted wall and base units with cupboards and drawers and integral appliances including an electric oven with four ring hob and extractor hood over, fridge with freezer compartment and washer dryer. There are grey toned wood effect work surfaces and splash-backs, with a further glass splash back behind the hob. The stainless steel sink with mixer tap and drainer is set beneath a window to the rear with views over the garden and the countryside beyond.

Staircase from lounge to

Landing (2.01m x 0.81m)

With doors to all first floor accommodation, a hatch to the loft space, an airing cupboard with lagged hot water tank, and a further storage cupboard. Door to:

Bedroom 1 (3.20m x 2.82m)

With pretty dormer window to the front, electric "Dimplex" heater and ceiling light.

Bedroom 2 (2.46m x 2.39m)

There is a window to the front, electric "Dimplex" heater, and mirror fronted wardrobes spanning the width of one wall and providing excellent clothes storage space.

Bathroom (2.18m x 1.73m)

Re-fitted with a contemporary white suite comprising panelled bath with "Aqualisa" shower over and glass shower screen, low level WC, and wash hand basin set into a vanity unit with useful cupboards below. There is ceramic tiling to the walls with attractive mosaic tiled panel, ceramic tiling to the floor, inset ceiling spotlights, extractor fan and an opaque window to the rear.

Outside

Rear Garden

Enjoying views over fields, the attractive tiered rear garden has fenced boundaries. There is a paved patio immediately adjacent to the house, with steps down to a lawn (artificial), and further steps down to a paved sun terrace with shed. Gated access leads to the rear parking area where one of two parking spaces can be found.

Front Garden

With pathway and slate covered flower bed, and steps up to the other parking space.

Parking

The parking space to the front of the house is raised (the seller informs us that two small cars can be parked here). To the rear of the property there is another allocated parking space.

Council tax & Energy Efficiency Rating

Council Tax Band D - £1730
Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) - D

Shared Ownership Details

The property is of shared ownership - the buyer will be purchasing 70% freehold of the house, the other 30% of the house being rented by The Settled Group. We understand that the buyers will have to be assessed as being suitable tenants to rent the 30% - currently the rental charge is £89 per month.
More details regarding the shared ownership can be found here: www.settlegroup.org.uk
Buyers will need to be approved by Help to Buy East and South East - www.helptobuyese.org.uk

Information from the help to buy website: "You pay a subsidised rent on the remaining share that the Housing Association or Registered Provider still own. The combined monthly cost of mortgage and rent will normally be less than if you were purchasing the property outright.

In the future you can simply sell your share for its value at the time or alternatively you can purchase further shares in your home.
With most properties you are eventually able to own the property outright if you wish to, although there are some restrictions on rural schemes.
Am I eligible?
Your annual household income can be no more than £80,000.
You should be unable to purchase a home suitable for your needs without assistance.
You cannot be a current home owner (or be named on the deeds of another property).
You must not have any outstanding credit issues (i.e. Unsatisfied defaults or county court judgements).

Viewing information

BY APPOINTMENT ONLY THROUGH PUTTERILLS OF HERTFORDSHIRE, THROUGH WHOM ALL NEGOTIATIONS SHOULD BE CONDUCTED, 01438 817007.

Please note:

Disclaimer: Putterills endeavour to maintain accurate depictions of properties in virtual tours, floor plans and descriptions, however, these are intended only as a guide and intended purchasers must satisfy themselves by personal inspection.

Money Laundering Regulations: Prior to a sale being agreed, prospective purchasers will be required to produce identification documents. Your co-operation with this, in order to comply with Money Laundering regulations, will be appreciated and assist with the smooth progression of the sale.

You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.

Floorplan

Floorplan for Mayflower Close, Codicote

EPC

EPC Graph for Mayflower Close, Codicote

ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS PROPERTY

Get an instant online Valuation